Adams County Republican Committee
PO Box 3415, Gettysburg, PA 17325 | 717-338-9085
2019 Primary Election
Here are today’s news brief headlines of interest. Click Read More below to read the articles.
- Republican Party of Pennsylvania, Press Release, Conferees select D. Raja as Republican nominee in the 37th Senatorial District Special Election
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Julian Routh, In Pa’s 37th senate district, Dems recommend Pam Iovino, GOP nominates D. Raja
- KYW 1060AM, Pat Loeb, Electric scooters may finally come to Philly — if state law changes
- Allentown Morning Call, Laura Olson, Pennsylvania lawmakers react to President Trump on plan to temporarily reopen federal government
- PoliticsPA, John Cole, Toomey To Speak at PA GOP Lincoln Day Dinner
- Fox News, Samuel Chamberlin, Trump doubts he’d accept any deal Congress strikes for border wall
- CNN, Kylie Atwood & Nic Robertson, US and Taliban agree in principle to framework for peace deal, US envoy says
ACRC PLANS LOCAL CANDIDATE FORUM
Adams County Republican Committee plans a forum for those who are thinking about running for local office. The forum will be on Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 6:30pm at the Adams County Republican Headquarters, 100 Buford Avenue, across from the Gettysburg Post Office.
Betsy Hower Chair of ACRC says, “2019 is the year to run for local office! There are numerous open positions in the 6 School Districts, 13 boroughs and 21 townships across Adams County. If you ever thought about being a Township Supervisor, a Member of Borough Council, or on a School Board, now is your chance to get involved and run for office.”
People who have served in all three positions will participate in the discussions to share their experiences, knowledge and practical information on how to run for office locally. This can help you discern what role may be best for you to step up and seek this election cycle. The PA Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, May 21, 2019, but now is the time to learn about the local opportunities to serve your community. Information will be available about the milestones and
timeline you will need to follow to become a legally qualified candidate whose name will appear on the ballot in May.
Everyone is encouraged to come with questions.
For more information call 717-338-9085.
January 1, in the PA House of Representatives, Dan Moul and Torren Ecker were both sworn in. Enjoy the pictures of new Rep. Torren Ecker and his family below. Rep. Moul was not present at the time pictures were being taken.
Rep Torren Ecker at his desk
Rep Torren Ecker with his family in the balcony of the House of Rep. Chamber